The Saturday classes below are held at the Old Crowe Farm. Note that many of our classes are scheduled according to the harvest. Specific dates will be posted as harvest dates become certain. Contact us if you want to be added to our waiting list. For private classes for individuals or groups during the weekday, please contact us.
8 ~ Home Canning 101: The Basics + Jam Making ($55) >> FULL
29 ~ Canning Tomatoes & Other Seasonal Vegetables ($55) >> FULL
12 ~ Making Jam ($45) >> FULL
19 ~ Canning Tomatoes ($35) >> FULL
Other Food Storage Classes
We also offer the the following classes. If you want to take a specific class, contact us and we will schedule a session for you or your group.
- Salting & brining meats
- Curing & smoking meats (ham & bacon … yum!)
- Drying & freezing
- Fall fruits – tomatoes, pears and apples
- Jams, jellies & preserves
- Long-term food storage (shelf life up to 30 years)
- Pickles, relishes & salsas
- Pressure canning
- Storing fruits, vegetables & herbs
Classes that focus on learning self-sufficiency skills include…
- Butchering hogs
- Castrating & ear tagging piglets
- Processing chickens, rabbits, and goats
- Soap making
- Cheese making
Butchering and processing classes are available when we process at specific times of year. Contact us for an estimated timeline.